Export thread

Engine stops when clutch brake pedal is released Husqvarna YTH2148

J

Jerry YTH2148

Engine stops when clutch brake pedal is released. I have a Husqvarna yth2148, I was replacing the deck bearings so I removed the deck. While I had the deck out, I decided to replace the drive belt as well. I removed the belt, got a new one and installed it. The only wires I disconnected were the two ground wires at the rear of the tractor. I did however remove the pto clutch briefly while I installed the belt. I reinstalled the pto clutch and rolled it out. I rode around the yard to make sure the mower moved backward and forward. I then reinstalled the mower deck and pushed the mower out of the basement. I started it up and was going to start mowing as I started moving, the seat moved and the mower stopped. Thinking I may have broken the seat switch, I went to the local mower parts supply and obtained a new switch. It would start but when you let the clutch brake pedal out the mower would stop running. So I replaced the interlock switch next. This did not fix the problem either. Any other suggestions? I checked all of the wires from the seat switch and the ground wires with a multimeter and they appear to be okay. All of the removed switches appear to be working as well. So not sure what I should do next.

B

bertsmobile1

First of all go to Husqvarna web page & download your parts book.
At the front will be the wiring diagram
The first thing to note is the safety circuit is a GROUND circuit so if a wire is chaffed and touching the frame anywhere it will kill the engine.
Next if you have the flat 4 pin seat switch plug, they come in 2 variations and one has a shorting contact in the mower side plug .
This was done to prevent idiots disconnecting or bypassing the sea switch
The down side is if you were sold the wrong switch or the plug is not pushed in very hard then the socket will remain shorted out