Export thread

Engine rpm's

L

Lyle Hess

What is the max. operating rpm's for the 6.5 hp Briggs Intek engine on my John Deere JS63 engine???

jmurray01

jmurray01

I'd say around 3,500-4,000RPM would be about right, but of course you don't want to over rev it, so I'd wait until you get a more experienced answer!

Simply out of interest, are you looking to increase the RPM's of the motor, or do you need to reset it ?

reynoldston

reynoldston

What is the max. operating rpm's for the 6.5 hp Briggs Intek engine on my John Deere JS63 engine???

I find that most mower engines that the governor is set anywhere 3200 to 3600. I don't have the manual for the B&S Intek but I would that would be safe guess. These rpms is where the engine runs it's most efficient for power and gas.

reynoldston

reynoldston

I find that most mower engines that the governor is set anywhere 3200 to 3600. I don't have the manual for the B&S Intek but I would that would be safe guess. These rpms is where the engine runs it's most efficient for power and gas.

I looked it up and I was a little high for that engine, top governor speed should be 3100 to 3200 +/-