Engine recomendation

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
The only reason I say Tecumseh is that is what came out of it and being in the repair business I like stock for the lease problems to put things together. Nothing is going to fit right. Exhaust, wiring, cables, etc. I am even to the point when I take a bolt out of a hole I like it to go back into the same hole. You are looking at it as a lawn care pro and I am looking at it as a mechanic. I have been in this mess before and when I get a job like this in my shop I don't even want it. I find as a rule the person doing the work has no idea what they are doing and just makes a mess out of everything. The last job I had like that was a old Bolens and I must of spend a day getting the governor and carburetor to work right and the exhaust was a nightmare. No thanks because it is nothing but a money loser. I am also say the person who started this thread dosen't know too much about this type of work or they wouldn't be asking what engine to use. They would know what they want.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
As a rule your right. Most mowers never get the attention they need from a homeowner, most mow and put them back in the garage, never check the oil, never clean an air filter, clean them etc. etc.
When you do what I do you learn fast how to take care of equipment and save all you can, of course I had an advantage because my Dad was a mechanic and a electrician and I learned from a good teacher.