engine racing and will not respond to throttle control

jamesrex

Forum Newbie
Hi, I bought a craftsman lawn tractor woth the 18 hp intek b&s engine. It had been sittling for years. I rebuilt the carb. It fires right up, but the motor runs at full bore. the throttle won't affect it at all. Any help is appreciated.
jamesrex
 
check to make sure the gov is not stuck and that all the rods are moving free on the carb
 
Thanks, the cable needed adjusting. I broke the plastic grommet on the throttle contol where the arm attaches to the carb. Anyone know where i can get another? Thanks, jamesrex
 
Thanks, the cable needed adjusting. I broke the plastic grommet on the throttle contol where the arm attaches to the carb. Anyone know where i can get another? Thanks, jamesrex

check with your local small engine parts dealers.
 
check with your local small engine parts dealers.

I did. He advised me that the little plastic grommet is not available alone and I would have to buy the entire door fitting and it would never be trustworthy after that, and I should buy a new carb. I think I will try putting the broken one back on with a small dab of gasket maker to hold it in place. Thanks for responding.
 
Back
Top