Engine Engine Pulley Slides Down

possum63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Somehow, I lost the bolt that holds engine pulley belt in place. Replaced bolt and washers, pulley still slips down, which results in lower drive belt fraying. I have a Troy Bilt riding lawn mower.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Never heard of that bolt coming out.

If the replacement is the correct size, length x diameter x threads / inch and the correct washers with correct torque but still comes out I guess red thread locker is the final choice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The bolt is too long or the washers are too small or the previous bolt broke off in the shaft so the new bolt is not tightening up properly.

possum63

Forum Newbie
Threads
The bolts and washers are the exact size called for in the manual. The pulley shaft is the original that came with the mower. I can easily slide the shaft up and down from the engine. The bolt is tight.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Possibly I'm not understanding the problem but try this.

Put 2 washers on with one wrap of solder wrapped around the bolt between the washers. Run the bolt in and tighten it. Back the bolt out and look at the solder. If it isn't squeezed flat we may be getting closer to a solution for the problem.

Mikel1

Threads
If you are sure your hardware is correct then I would take the bolt out and look at it again.