Export thread

Engine Not Firing

7Snyder

I have a 36 Encore Walk-behind belt drive with a Kawasaki FC420V and it recently stopped firing. I have replaced the fuel filter, and coil. Still nothing. Then i replaced the spark plug and once I did this the mower fired up on the first pull and ran for about 3 hours and randomly died again in the middle of cutting. I don't think the mower is firing again. If anyone has an idea on what the problem could be please respond.

Thank you,
Thomas

M

mechanic mark

check air filter for replacement, take another look at spark plug, did you adjust air gap at coil to .010. fresh high test gas with fuel treatment & oil & filter for replacement. remove blower housing above flywheel & clean engine by hand, i use a shop vac.

7Snyder

check air filter for replacement, take another look at spark plug, did you adjust air gap at coil to .010. fresh high test gas with fuel treatment & oil & filter for replacement. remove blower housing above flywheel & clean engine by hand, i use a shop vac.

The air gap to the coil is fixed and cant be adjusted due to the holes for the coil but i will check it. I did an oil and oil filter change in April of this year but i will check the oil color. I will try a fuel treatment, look at the plug, replace the air filter, and clean the engine. After this I will get back to you. Thank you for the help so far.

R

Rivets

The air gap on the coil is adjustable, should be set to .012”. Spark plug gap should be between .028”-.031”. This manual may be of some help.
https://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Ka...20V-FC540V-KAWASAKI-SERVICE-REPAIR-MANUAL.pdf

7Snyder

So just an update on my mower for anyone else that it may help. I took it to my local shop and had it diagnosed and they have determined it is the ignition igniter (image attached). I will be replacing that sometime this week to hopefully solve my problem.

John R

John R

So just an update on my mower for anyone else that it may help. I took it to my local shop and had it diagnosed and they have determined it is the ignition igniter (image attached). I will be replacing that sometime this week to hopefully solve my problem.

No image