Engine kills after 5 minutes

blue262

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just bought a Snapper ST140, model 3312513BE with a B&S 12.5hp, model 286707-0136. I bought it cheap for a project. It starts and runs for about 5 minutes and then kills. The previous owner replaced the carburetor and the armature with no change in performance . The plug is fouled with black soot. Just turning the flywheel by hand I think the compression may not be and issue. I would appreciate any thoughts on what things I should check next.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I just bought a Snapper ST140, model 3312513BE with a B&S 12.5hp, model 286707-0136. I bought it cheap for a project. It starts and runs for about 5 minutes and then kills. The previous owner replaced the carburetor and the armature with no change in performance . The plug is fouled with black soot. Just turning the flywheel by hand I think the compression may not be and issue. I would appreciate any thoughts on what things I should check next.
Take gas cap and make it loose (tape it), and run it. Also. Remove fuel line and check for good fuel flow.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Buy an inline spark tester at an auto parts store and the next time it happens install the tester and check for spark. No spark bad coil, spark fuel problem.