ELIMINATION OF THE FUEL FLOW SOLENOID

JERSEYJOE

Forum Newbie
I want to eliminate the fuel flow solenoid on my Kehin carburetor. Does anyone know the exact thread size or part number for a plug for this item?
 
why would you want to do away with it you cant just put a plug in it or it wont run you would have to replace it with the hollow bolt that is in the carbs that don't have the fuel solenoid because that is what lets the fuel into the carb to go to the engine in other words it is the main jet of the carb
 
Because i am tired of trying to figure out what causes the intermittant loos of voltage at the solenoid that stops the mower. I do not need all the safety switchs that this has. I was under the impression that I could just plug it. I guess I need to remove the solenoid and figure how to kee the plunger open or run a 12 line to it directly. Nice mower but too many stupid safety switches.
 
Have you checked the solenoid ground wire connection to make certain it's tight? Current solenoids have two wires, gray to ignition switch and black to ground.
Any possibility that the ignition switch is what's intermittent?
 
Last year I had the same problem with my craftsman, and I pulled the solenoid and snipped the plunger off and screwed it back in. I then put a cheap fuel shut off valve in before the carb. When I'm ready to shut the mower down, I turn the key and reach down and shut the valve. A little more trouble, but no more problems.
 
Back
Top