electrical to mower deck on my John Deere X495 Diesel

rcjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / electrical to mower deck on my John Deere X495 Diesel
Hi Guys, has anyone out there had an issue with the lawnmower switch on the dash, the pull out to engage !! I have changed it 5 times, then only last maybe 5-6 cuts, then the mower quits and if you play with it, or try to reengage it, it may work for a short period. Took it into the J.D. Dealer, they replaced the dash switch and the S4 RIO Safety Switch, worked for 4 or 5 cuts now out again !!! Has anyone had this issue mower electrics ??? The X495 Tractor and the mower deck is running O.K., just the issue with the electrical to the deck. So far 5 dash switch # AM 133837 TOGGLE/ROC and one S4 SIO Safety Switch. All answers welcome rcjr

D

Deleted member 97405

There is a solenoid coil in the back of the transmission that can go bad. It will work for awhile until it heats up, then will not engage the deck. Its purpose is to magnetize the valve that opens in the transmission allowing oil pressure to engage the PTO clutch. Look for a small cylindrical thing with two wires in the rear of your transmission. Usually there is a plastic nut holding the coil onto the stud. Engage your PTO switch and make sure you have power to the wires going to the solenoid first. If you have power, and the PTO wont engage, suspect the solenoid has gone bad or an o-ring inside the transmission is not allowing oil pressure to engage the clutch pack for the PTO.

rcjr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, thanks Will, this is the BEST NEWS going to check it out !!.....thanks again......rcjr