electric deck lift

87gn

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a XT3 - GSX Cub Cadet garden tractor. The lift switch to raise and lower the cutting deck was acting up. What it was doing was the switch lowered the deck but would not raise the deck. Every once in a while the deck would rise after moving the switch from up to down. But, that is not guaranteed. So I replaced the switch. The new switch did not change any thing. I can hear the relay making contact at the fuse block. The lift motor works in both directions but no reliably. What is causing this issue?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you use water to clean your XT3? If so stop & use a leaf blower & clean by hand. Purchase a spray can of CRC Electronic Cleaner & a tube of Dielectric Grease. Unplug connections one at a time using cleaner & Dielectric Grease at all electrical connections including battery. Grease by hand all moving parts between tractor & deck & operate
deck switch after throttling up. I use neoprene gloves when greasing joints on tractor.
Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark

87gn

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you use water to clean your XT3? If so stop & use a leaf blower & clean by hand. Purchase a spray can of CRC Electronic Cleaner & a tube of Dielectric Grease. Unplug connections one at a time using cleaner & Dielectric Grease at all electrical connections including battery. Grease by hand all moving parts between tractor & deck & operate
deck switch after throttling up. I use neoprene gloves when greasing joints on tractor.
Let us know how it goes, thanks Mark
Thanks Mark, I did try to remove the relays and I was stumped. There is no obvious catch release to remove the relays for inspection. So, I stopped. I do blow off the the deck and engine compartment as needed. I have used water in the engine compartment. Thanks Jim