Export thread

Echo weedeater/brush cutter?

B

bassadict69

My old Craftsman weedeater/brush cutter bit the dust last summer so I am needing a new one and looked at Echo the other day.

I am needing one I can change the head from the string to a brush cutter blade for use out on the deer lease. I am looking at the SRM 266T...Any opionions on this?

Ric

Ric

My old Craftsman weedeater/brush cutter bit the dust last summer so I am needing a new one and looked at Echo the other day.

I am needing one I can change the head from the string to a brush cutter blade for use out on the deer lease. I am looking at the SRM 266T...Any opionions on this?

You'd be better off with the FS 110 Stihl. You may want to also look at the FS 90 Stihl.

B

bassadict69

Thanks Ric, I will look into them...

Ric

Ric

Thanks Ric, I will look into them...

The FS 90 is a solid, straight driveshaft works with a variety of cutting attachments giving you more flexibility in trimming applications. Plus it has a somewhat bigger engine at 28.4cc vs the 25 cc Echo. and there the same price. The 266T weighs 13.6 and the Stihl FS 90 is 11.7 which is a big difference when using the machine over an extended period of time.

B

bassadict69

Due to warranty and other little things they explained, I went with a Echo 266... Thanks everyone for the help!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Due to warranty and other little things they explained, I went with a Echo 266... Thanks everyone for the help!

Let us know how you like the Echo. :thumbsup:

Z

zmister11

I think yull be happy with it. Now I only use stihls. But I still have my echo 225 brush cutter from 2 years ago, and it still works great!