Echo Weed Eater and fuel question

bpshep

Forum Newbie
Threads
I went to a store today and was planning on picking up a Echo SRM-225. The store had it for $199.00 and Consumer Reports gave it a good rating. When I got there I noticed the SRM-230 was marked at 199.99 also and did a search and found they should have been marked $289.00. Well I thought I had a deal so I got one. Came home and got on line to see how I did and it only has 29 reviews compared to 228 for SRM-225. I hope most of this is because the price but did notice that it didn't have the easy start feature that the 225 had. Should I keep it or take it back and swap it for the SRM-225. Also using Ethanol 10% gas in weed eaters what are you views on this. I saw they had premixed gas at a Hardware store at 40:1 if you say don't use it. Thanks

Threads
I moved your thread to the Echo Forum. :smile:

I have the Echo SRM-225 and really like it, but the reason it might have more reviews is just because it is cheaper. I don't have any experience with the SRM-230, but it is more powerful and has better features than the 225 so it might be something to consider keeping. If the reviews that ARE available for the 230 are good, personally I would think about keeping it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Keep it.... if you got it for $199 you got a good deal. :thumbsup:

bpshep

Forum Newbie
Threads
Keep it.... if you got it for $199 you got a good deal. :thumbsup:

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies. It did get good reviews just about 10% of the 225 which looks like a great weed eater. Sorry about starting this question in the wrong area and thanks for all the information you have on this site.