Export thread

Echo PB-770 blower issues...bogs down at WOT

Rokon

Rokon

At wide open throttle this blower won't hit top RPM. But, if I push down on the top cover the rev's come back up and level off where they should. Any ideas??

BTW the troubleshooting manual from Echo is seriously lacking... Operator Manuals, Safety Manuals, Parts Catalogs, Safety Videos | ECHO USA

Ric

Ric

At wide open throttle this blower won't hit top RPM. But, if I push down on the top cover the rev's come back up and level off where they should. Any ideas?? BTW the troubleshooting manual from Echo is seriously lacking... Operator Manuals, Safety Manuals, Parts Catalogs, Safety Videos | ECHO USA

Sounds like you need to clean the spark arrester.

d_sharier

d_sharier

At WOT it bogs down? or it won't reach target rpm's? Those are two different problems. When you say that pushing down on the "cover" will bring the rpm up to full, I am assuming you are referring to the black, plastic engine cover. If that helps the problem I would be inclined to inspect the throttle cable and the point where it attaches to the carburetor. Start by inspecting the unit with the engine not running. Engage the throttle to full and see if rotor assembly fully opens the throttle plate. If memory serves, those units have an adjustment on the end of the cable ( two 10mm nuts). Also try to see what pushing down on the plastic does to the throttle. Hopefully that is a good place to start.