Echo CS 450

Navydude

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Echo CS 450 that my buddy fell through a pool cover and into the water with it. I dried it all out and of course changed the fluids. Blew it all out put it back together but it won't run. I can get it to idle rough and randomly it will rev up like the saw of old. The only thing I can think of is that the coil must have some intermittant problem now after falling and being submerged. Anybody have any suggestions I would appreciate it. This saw is only a couple months old.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would start by totally rebuilding with a complete repair kit. The passage ways are extremely small and will clog easily. I doubt that the electrical components are your problem. Most are completely seal and it would take a lengthy submersion to harm them.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an Echo CS 450 that my buddy fell through a pool cover and into the water with it. I dried it all out and of course changed the fluids. Blew it all out put it back together but it won't run. I can get it to idle rough and randomly it will rev up like the saw of old. The only thing I can think of is that the coil must have some intermittant problem now after falling and being submerged. Anybody have any suggestions I would appreciate it. This saw is only a couple months old.

:eek: is he ok?