Echo Blower Primer Bulb

hitmanharleyk

Threads
My brother-in-law gave me a old Echo blower that he had in storage and the Primier bulb on it was dry-rotted/cracked. I replaced it but it now won't seem to prime, can't get any gas to the bulb.

What have I done wrong? this was a very simple replacement as all I had to do is take 2 screws out and pop the old one out and the new one in.

metz12

Threads
i had the same trouble with my weed wacker. what solved my problem was putting the gas cap back on. it created suction and now the bulb works. did you have your gas cap on whne you did it?

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you put the fuel pipes back on the right way.
Also when changing the bulb did something fall off of the carb?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First make sure the fuel lines are in good shape. Next does the primer bulb stay in when you push it or immediately come back out. If it immediately comes back out, does it sound like it is sucking air through the carb. If so then there is a check valve in the carb stuck open, and you have about a 25% chance of getting it to seal and work. Sometimes if you can get some gas into the carb it will wet the check valves and get them to seal. Low chance but worth a shot.

hitmanharleyk

Threads
Might be time to let him have his loaner back :)

I'd rather buy a new one than drop a bunch of money into this old model

MowerMike

Threads
I'd guess that the carb diaphragm may be shot.

hitmanharleyk

Threads
It is a model # PB-2100 and I figure it must be 10 years old or older. Think I'll find me a cheap backpack blower or something.