Export thread

Earthquake!

Z

Zeroturn

I live in NY and we had an earthquake today (or at least the aftermath of one). I was sitting at my desk at work and everything started to shake! It's the first ever for me and I was super scared!

BKBrown

BKBrown

I live in NY and we had an earthquake today (or at least the aftermath of one). I was sitting at my desk at work and everything started to shake! It's the first ever for me and I was super scared!

Where in NY ? --- it's a BIG state !

173abn

173abn

I saw it on the news last night,think it was about a 5.1.been through a couple tornadoes,cyclone in vietnam,blizzards but never an earthquake.....knock on wood russ

J

Janie

Honestly I have never felt the earthquakes that are supposed to happen where we are. Of course our earthquakes are always minor ones. I'm sure you were scared, I would be too. Hope you have recovered from your scare.:smile:

M

monica123

Apparently something hit Ontario Canada too. I live on a peninsula so we seldom see tornadoes, we do get hurricanes once in a while though.

B

BlueGrass

I live in Michigan about 40 miles from Detroit and people felt it here too. I guess the earthquake came from Ontario, Quebec. We also had a tornado touch down here which is very weird for us. It was one of those strange weather days yesterday.

K

KennyV

strange weather
that is for sure... KennyV

Z

Zeroturn

I'm upstate NY (in between Rochester and Elmira). My daughter is in Quebec with her French class. She didn't feel anything! I'm not scared anymore, I was then though!

M

Muhammad

Here in San Diego it's not as big of a deal when the ground starts shaking. :biggrin: We just had a 5.7 about a week ago and it barely made the news. I think they're kind of fun (when they're small!).

B

Bessy

I have never experienced an earthquake. Years ago when I was a child in school we had a weird weather day, I remember the sky was red all day. Come to find out there was a huge forest fire a few states away that was affecting our sky.

Hand2ThePlow

Hand2ThePlow

... I remember the sky was red all day.

I remember a day like that too, May 18, 1980 the day Mt. St. Helens erupted. Freaky! it was like we had awoken on Mars.

J

jb5050

Where in NY ? --- it's a BIG state !
it was probably Rudy walking by. :thumbsup::confused2::thumbsup:

Z

Zeroturn

It was not a fun thing. I thought the boiler at the hospital I work at was blowing up. I work on the 2nd floor and there are 4 floors. I was like how do I get out of here.

S

Stevie-Ray

I've been through 2 earthquakes, one about 25 years ago here, which was rather interesting, since we don't normally experience them. The one that scared me, though, was in San Jose, CA, and I was on an upper floor of an Embassy Suites. I bolted down the steps hollering my head off at anyone that would listen at the desk about it and they looked at me as if I was from Jupiter. Seems that if it isn't at least 7.5 on the Richter scale, they don't pay too much attention to them on the ground anymore.:ashamed:

Though I am just south of Detroit, I didn't feel this one.