Engine DYT 4000

draperk2004

Threads
I have a Craftsman DYT 4000 that runs fine, but only when I push the thorttle into the choke a little. When I just run on full throttle without the choke, it revs up and down and backfires. At first I thought it was my air filter so I took it off to see if it would run right, but no change. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

KD

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Need to clean the carb. the hunting and surging is due to the engine trying to run lean. Can also cause backfiring.

draperk2004

Threads
Need to clean the carb. the hunting and surging is due to the engine trying to run lean. Can also cause backfiring.

So can I just shoot some carb cleaner in it or do I need to take it down and apart?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You will have to take it apart and clean it really well, expecially the jets and all passages, Most notibly the idle circuits in the carb which is what usually causes the surging when it is partially clogged.

navy96

Forum Newbie
Threads
I 'm having problem with the tractor bogging down at full throttle and engaging the blades , runs fine as long as you don' t engage the mower deck , has anyone out there have or had this problem ?

crowdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
you might be crossing over at full throttle to choke with the cable being slightly off. Keep it in the run fast area without crossing over to choke. Your deck may need cleaning, or you may have a belt off and stuck creating drag on the engine.