Duraforce carbs

viperv10

Threads
I have worked on several duraforce mowers and I have a problem with the air vanes sticking and the mower revving too fast.
The air vane works free until I tighten the two bolts that hold the carb on and that seems to put the air vane shaft in a bind and it won't spring back.
This has happened on several different mowers. If I back off the fastening bolts the air vane works freely but the carb bolts aren't very tight at all.
Has anyone else had the same problem?
Also every time I get a duraforce to work on when I go to start it up it smokes real bad for five to ten minutes. I'm guessing it must be oil collected in the u shaped trap pipe.
Some never stop smoking. Even with a new oem carb and 50 to 1 oil mix. I prefer working on and using F engines better.
I was just wondering if these were common issues with duraforce engines?
Jerry

Fishnuts2

Threads
A fuel shut off cured the excess smoking on 3 of mine. Seems the fuel drains out and collects in the muffler U pipe and takes awhile to burn out.
No ideas on the carb bolts.

intruder1500

Threads
You could try a different oil in the fuel mix. I used to use Lawnboy oil exclusively but switched to Shell Nautilus 3 years ago and smoke is only a bit at start up.