Export thread

Drones

jekjr

jekjr

Hey guys, been a while since I was on here. Question for you all is this.

How many of you guys are flying drones?

I bought a very small inexpensive one about a year ago. I was hard to fly because if there was any breeze at all it was almost uncontrollable. I have wanted one for a very long time. I took the plunge about a month ago now and bought a new Chroma. I have really enjoyed flying it and the video is incredible.

M

mowerman05

My neighbor has 2 and flys them over my back yard when the wife is out and I am at work, wish there was a way for me to jam his frequency and bring it down. I have ask nicely but got no where.any thoughts as a drone operator what I might be able to do, short of the obvious.

BlazNT

BlazNT

You can buy a controller and get different infrequence chips and when it gets in your yard take over its control. Bring it down and own it.

Ric

Ric

My neighbor has 2 and flys them over my back yard when the wife is out and I am at work, wish there was a way for me to jam his frequency and bring it down. I have ask nicely but got no where.any thoughts as a drone operator what I might be able to do, short of the obvious.

I Like the Obvious, 12 Ga. :laughing:

reynoldston

reynoldston

Must be the laws are different in Florida. A 12 Ga. in NY will get your name in the paper with some free room and board. You have to be more then 500 feet from your neighbors house to shoot a fire arm.

M

Mikel1

Target practice with my mini 14 sounds fun.:wink:

I did think about buying a drone a few months ago but didn't like the short run times.

Bob E

Bob E

slangbella_zpscvdffjwy.gif

M

mowerman05

Take me a long time doing it that way

jekjr

jekjr

Target practice with my mini 14 sounds fun.:wink:

I did think about buying a drone a few months ago but didn't like the short run times.

I have a Chroma. It has approx 30 minutes of run time.

Lawnboy18

Lawnboy18

If it is 2.4 Ghz, don't think you can interfere with it...

I say get a Heli or Drone and smash it.

RhettWS

RhettWS

A pellet rifle is quiet and should work just as well, if not better than a sling shot. But the best option is to get one of these bad boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5DEg2qZzkU

:thumbsup:

B

bertsmobile1

I like it.
Where can I get a falcon ?

The local farmers, particularly the poultry farmers use bird shot. Then this is the rural fringe.
When the morons ( usually animal rights brainwashed idiots ) jump over the fence they let the dogs out.
Quite legal as they are tresspassing.
Another farmer charged one of them storeage, won the case and then bankrupted them.
He hasn't bought a beer down the pub since.

For once the government got it right.
Big fines for flying a drone over some one elses property without permission now .
Gaol terms for filming inside some one elses house through the windows with a drone

B

bertsmobile1

Well you can check with the local authorities to see if it is legal
If not then install a motion activated camera , film it and make a formal complaint.
Although it won't make for good neighbourly relationships.
When he is out accidentially toss large amounts of catnip seed all through his lawn & garden.
Very shortly his back yard will be stray cat central.

If it is not legal buy one yourself and hover it around his windows while they are having meals, bedrooms when they are preparing for bed.
If you can get a really noisy one, bedroom window all night long. Swoop the windscreen when he is trying to drive in or out.
he will eventually get the message.

But I still like the falcon idea.
Would scare the pants of most folks.

M

mowerman05

Thanks for the replies. There all very good ideas.I Think I will try the garden hose when it gets close enough with a jet spray tip. Really don't car much about relationship with my neighbor as its a rental and they come and go all the time, no one stays very long.

M

Mikel1

I have a Chroma. It has approx 30 minutes of run time.

That's alot better than the ones I had looked at 10 to 15 minutes run time. Looks like the Chroma is around $600 on Amazon. I might need to start off cheaper just in case I crash it into a tree.

T

The.kid

The guy better have it registered with the government or face fines. The cheaper drones can be brought down by casting a greeting like signal at it thus the operator losing control. I've seen them demonstrated on YouTube. Home made too. There are privacy laws now in many states. Check on that. Voyearism is a serious crime.

M

mowerman05

The drones I am talking about are in excess of 15 to 18 hundred dollars, check with the city, nothing in place yet for laws about going over property of someone else. Believe when the weather breaks a little bit and I can get outside I will end the problem for good. No new post from me might be a real indicator problem solved. LOL

T

The.kid

I would first confront them and ask not to fly it over your house for first. Safety. Second if it was equipped with a camera. Privacy. I would refrain from firing a weapon at it. What goes up must come down someplace. It might be a kid flying it. I thought I read that all drones must be registered with the FAA. The registrations where free at first. If he is unlicensed then the problem might solve itself by turning him in. I'd check with law Inforcement on someone video recording on or over your property. If no camera involved, it would be more of a safety issue.

M

mowerman05

Yes it has a camera and he is a adult that flies it, we speak on so so terms and I have told him not to go over my property or be videoing my place, he thinks it's a joke. I will win given time and not go to jail.

M

Mikel1

So is he checking your wife out with the drone when she goes outside?

People are doing dumb stuff with drones one guy put a pistol on one in a state park and made it fire. Drones dropping drugs and cell phones into prisons, etc.

M

mowerman05

Checking out wife, yes. Also trying to irritate me as well

M

Mikel1

That's messed up, sounds like a jack wagon. Be careful, some people are crazy.

Ric

Ric

Checking out wife, yes. Also trying to irritate me as well

Have you tried calling the law? Maybe if he had a visit from the law he would think twice. There is a thing called Invasion of privacy and as someone else said voyeurism is against the law.

jekjr

jekjr

Have you tried calling the law? Maybe if he had a visit from the law he would think twice. There is a thing called Invasion of privacy and as someone else said voyeurism is against the law.

Actually that is why the FAA started trying to regulate them. I fly mine very time I get the chance. According to the FAA I am not supposed to be above 400'. If I fly in the direction of a neighbor's house, which for me is a couple hundred yards, I fly at that maximum height or close to it. Mine has a C Go2 camera on it. To get detail of a person I would have to be closer.

M

mowerman05

We have come to terms as he is going to keep it in the air, higher up or I will eliminate it. He understands and now we have a beer now and then.

L

Lalett

My husband loves to drive a drone, he just likes to fly over our territory. I take his drone when we go with the children to the forest or to the lake and shoot funny little videos as memories. This doesn't interfere with others and I definitely don't exceed the permissible height. My husband has a license for piloting the drone and I don't, but I know a lot about it. There are many cheap drones to $ 50, this is probably an excellent choice for the first drone, but the quality of recording or ease of control is very low. Like the price. If you are interested in shooting video from a height, then you can choose one of these http://droneadvisor.tech/atts/for-video-recording drones. YUNEEC Breeze 4K has quite good characteristics and low price.

R

RobertDobson

My son has a small drone but does not fly it in the neighborhood. He is too afraid that it will crash in a neighbors yard and he will not be able to get it.

H

helomech

I have a DJI mavic pro, and fly it pretty often. A person can film anything they can see from a public place. If they have to look over your fence it is illegal. If they can see it from there yard it is perfectly legal. Shooting down a drone is illegal, just don't get caught.

tom3

tom3

I figure if I can hit it with a garden hose it's too close and low. But with the camera tech available now they wouldn't need to be that low or close. But then there's nothing to see here anyway.