Do you make your air filters for savings and fun?

A super filter... actually filters a bit different than a regular strainer filter ... you can see them here ...
HEPA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rather expensive so you want to use a very good pre filter in front of the hepa... :smile:KennyV

One thing you will learn in life is not to over service your filter......on Big Diesels they have a vacuum gauge which will lock onto the red when it blocked enough to warrant servicing.:eek:
 
One thing you will learn in life is not to over service your filter......on Big Diesels they have a vacuum gauge which will lock onto the red when it blocked enough to warrant servicing.:eek:

I'm not sure what you mean by "over service". Does that mean that changing the filter too often is bad for some reason?
 
Did you notice that, with that post, you became a "mower addict"?

Oh oooohhhh...
no I didn't ...
Ha ha... this is a fun site and there are some good folks here:thumbsup:... I just may be a LawnMowerForum addict...:laughing::laughing:
I best quit for the night it's almost 4:30 ....again... :smile:KennyV
 
I'm not sure what you mean by "over service". Does that mean that changing the filter too often is bad for some reason?

Yes it is bad to over service a Donaldon Air cleaner......because it should be attached to a vauum switch..........this is the best way..........in Australia it is really Dusty.....in the Farming areas or Mining.:eek:
 
Yes it is bad to over service a Donaldon Air cleaner..

Every time you open the filtration system you chance contaminating the innards... so there is generally a switch on the clean air side that will light a lamp on the instrument panel, if the air flow is restricted... My kubota tractor is like this... other diesel engines have a vacuum indicator that trips a color coded attachment near the filter... The lamp is much better, as you will see it soon ...:smile:KennyV
 
Every time you open the filtration system you chance contaminating the innards... so there is generally a switch on the clean air side that will light a lamp on the instrument panel, if the air flow is restricted... My kubota tractor is like this... other diesel engines have a vacuum indicator that trips a color coded attachment near the filter... The lamp is much better, as you will see it soon ...:smile:KennyV

The Red light is flickering.........then goes bright red under acceleration or full RPM......then you know the filter needs servicing.........the newer tractors have the light........the others do not have a electrical system to have a light.:confused2:
 
My Grasshopper has that meter job by the filter,I try to clean the filter after each cutting because I've noticed grass clippings stuck in it.I bought the one for my mower which is a Kubota filter,cost was $65.00.On my Yanmar I use a Yanmar filter that has thes fins,I wondered what the heck they were for because the filter doesn't move and then I read on a YM forum that it moves the air in a vortax and that you should always use the OEM filters .On my other stuff I use the sponge ones and am not concerned about them as much. russ
 
What a great way to recycle some of those materials that you use! Now you've got me thinking. I'm betting that there is a place for old panty hose somewhere in this design process.....!
 
Before throwing something out, I always try to think of what use could be made of it.

Example: worn out, kevlar-belted bike tires can be cut into sections about four inches long which can be used to protect a wood maul handle near the head (where it frequently hits the wood.)
 
What a great way to recycle some of those materials that you use! Now you've got me thinking. I'm betting that there is a place for old panty hose somewhere in this design process.....!

Believe it or not they use 'Panty Hose' as a filter on race carts in Australia...........amazing.......but true....so yes you can do a lot with different materials.:confused2::eek:
 
Back
Top