DLT3000 Hydro won't move

Woodchuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for any advice in advance. Good forum here. My CRAFTSMEN 2004 16.5HP Honda motor (model # 917.1273502) will start but won't engage in forward or reverse. Rear wheels seem to be locked - won't turn when pushed. This happened last year and then it fixed itself. One thing I have done wrong 3 or 4 times was to release the rod in back to engage transmission while the motor was running. The manual said to never do that. I wonder if there is a part broken or should I try to purge the air out of the trans?

Cannon51

Threads
Have you checked to see if the brake is releasing. My DLT2000 does all those things with the brake engaged. Maybe the brake pedal is coming up but some part of the linkage still has the brake engaged. Only a guess.
Cannon

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes, on the side of the trans you should see a little caliper and rotor setup, with a lever and a rod going up to the pedal, just grab that lever
and move it forward and backward firmly, you should hear a "clunk" and hopefully you will be back in business. Give that gizmo a squirt
of wd40, and you should be fine.

Threads
Instructions for purging transmission

Park the lawn tractor on a level surface, like a concrete apron, and make sure the engine is off with the brake engaged.

Turn the freewheel control to the freewheeling position and sit in the tractor seat. Start the engine and move the throttle to the "Slow" position. Slowly disengage the clutch with the control lever in "Neutral."

Sponsored Links
New/Rebuilt/Used Trannys
Huge Savings from Dealer Prices on Dozers,Loaders,Backhoes,and exc.
All Make Solutions

Move the motion control lever to the full forward position and hold it there for five seconds. Move the lever to the full reverse position and hold it for five seconds. Repeat this step three times and air will purge from the hydraulics.

Turn off the engine and set the brake. Re-engage the transmission with the freewheel control and then start the engine while sitting in the seat. Move the throttle control to the half-speed position, and with the motion control in "N," release the clutch with the pedal. Allow the tractor to move forward 5 feet and then reverse the tractor with the motion control. Go backward 5 feet, and repeat this step three times.

Read more: How to Purge the Transmission on a Craftsman Lawn Tractor | eHow

Woodchuck

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well some things are simple if you know what you are doing. Thanks for the feed back. It was the lever on the rod from the forward pedal that needed to be rocked a little to free it up. Runs great and I am very happy about that.::smile: