Dixon 3536 (2003) V belt removal

launistrut

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower deck would not engage today, and when I saw the belt (with a huge chunk missing) off the pulley, tried to figure out how to remove it. Does anyone have any idea just what all I will have to remove to change this belt? It seems as if there is no room to remove it from the engine shaft pulley and get it out.

I have had to do a number of repairs over the past two years, so even though I am not a good mechanic, I have been able to muddle through with the help of different forums. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

brodave

Threads
My mower deck would not engage today, and when I saw the belt (with a huge chunk missing) off the pulley, tried to figure out how to remove it. Does anyone have any idea just what all I will have to remove to change this belt? It seems as if there is no room to remove it from the engine shaft pulley and get it out.

I have had to do a number of repairs over the past two years, so even though I am not a good mechanic, I have been able to muddle through with the help of different forums. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

I have Dixons. It might be that the belt could be too short to begin with. The tensioner, when pulled away from belt, should provide enough slack to remove belt. I found this out for me. Let me know how it comes out..Mine are all chain/transaxle types. LORD bless-brodave

launistrut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have Dixons. It might be that the belt could be too short to begin with. The tensioner, when pulled away from belt, should provide enough slack to remove belt. I found this out for me. Let me know how it comes out..Mine are all chain/transaxle types. LORD bless-brodave

I probably didn't explain my situation clearly enough. The belt that drives the mower deck (goes from engine output shaft to mower deck pulley with electric clutch) is the one that is damaged, and I cannot find a simple way to remove it to replace it. I don't know what needs to be removed to give me enough room to take the belt off. I have to take apart things that do not have to be removed, especially if it may be a problem putting it back together :). Thanks for your response, brodave.