Export thread

Discharge chute won't stay down

A

AndyMan

The discharge chute on my snowblower will not stay down. I crank it down and after a minute or so of use it has worked its way back up. Right now I'm using a bungy cord to hold it down but that makes it hard to change. Any thoughts?

briggs

briggs

what type of blower is it .can you post pic ..Dose it have a plastic chute or steel ..Dose it have a cable for the chute or is it held in position buy a bolt

K

KennyV

The discharge chute on my snowblower will not stay down.
Any thoughts?

The pivot points on discharge chutes generally are 'tighten for more friction-loosen for less friction"... Is yours like that? ...
:smile:KennyV

A

AndyMan

It's a Yardmachine. The chute is steel with a cable. It has a slot with a nut & bolt with plastic washers to set the tension. The force of the snow seems to push it open.

It seems to be designed for light and fluffy snow - it's the heavier snow that pushes it open.

briggs

briggs

It's a Yardmachine. The chute is steel with a cable. It has a slot with a nut & bolt with plastic washers to set the tension. The force of the snow seems to push it open.

It seems to be designed for light and fluffy snow - it's the heavier snow that pushes it open.

i have a noma/canadiana snow blower that has the same set up and it dose the same thing .i to have tightened it up .. i am not sure if its the cable or the chute its self that is worn ...I was thinking of putting a spring on it some how to help keep it down as it drives me nuts