U Usedtorent Active Member Sep 20, 2010 #1 Have you ever seen those men that make things out of a chunk of wood. We have a bear and it's cool. I can't believe they can make these things with chainsaws. What kind of chainsaw do they use?
Have you ever seen those men that make things out of a chunk of wood. We have a bear and it's cool. I can't believe they can make these things with chainsaws. What kind of chainsaw do they use?
Two-Stroke Lawn Addict Sep 22, 2010 #2 I think the key difference is the bar -- the saws they use look like regular light-weight chainsaws. A carving bar has a very narrow tip while a regular bar is about 3 to 4 inches wide. Here's one for sale on eBay. Edit: The chains are sometimes different as well: the pitch is smaller so the cutters are closer together.
I think the key difference is the bar -- the saws they use look like regular light-weight chainsaws. A carving bar has a very narrow tip while a regular bar is about 3 to 4 inches wide. Here's one for sale on eBay. Edit: The chains are sometimes different as well: the pitch is smaller so the cutters are closer together.