Repairs Defeat / Bypass the Husqvarna seat safety switch

Charon9

Forum Newbie
/RANT_ON
I understand the need for safety devices, but having them 'forced on me' to throw me in with the lowest common denominator of stupidity makes me mad.
/RANT_OFF

Instructions Step by Step (with pictures):
1) Move the seat all the way forward
2) Lift Seat
3) Unplug safety switch
4) Locate the shorting bar tabs on the plug (see picture) - both the 3 & 4 pin models SHOULD be the same:

100_0512.jpg

5) Gently pull the shorting bar out of the plug:

100_0513.jpg

6) Leave it UNPLUGGED to bypass the safety -- PLUG IT IN to turn on the safety (so your dumb cousin can use it)

DONE.


I will not monitor this thread; I will not respond to EMails or messages (they are shut off); I will not help you with other safety devices on this (or other mowers); I will also NOT be responsible for you doing something stupid (personal responsibility at its finest)
** This thread 'may' get deleted for some reason beyond my control /shrug - nothing I can do about that
Take Care.
 
Very good thread. You aren't the only person that hates safety switches. Most seat switches just unplug them to bypass them.
 
Back
Top