Mower deck Deck lifting problem

fozzy24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2011 Lgt 2554...well actually 2 different 2554's but dont wanna talk about the first one. lol Anyway....after my first one broke i just found this 2011 used with only 70 hours on it. When I bought it i noticed the problem with the deck. I cant get it to lower. The farthest it will go down it the number 4 setting...then its hitting the ground. When i put it all the way up...number 7 setting it isnt that high either. I tried to adjust the deck leveling nuts on both sides and with them all the way tight will only go to 4 while hitting the ground. I looked on my other mower and really dont see what it could be. I tried even trading out those adjuster rods and didnt make a difference. The ONLY thing i noticed different was with the mower that works right...when it is on the 7 setting the bracket that the shift rod goes into is almost at a 90 degree angle. On the screwed up one in the 7 setting it it tilted towards the front of the mower more. Nothing looks bent on that mower. Is there a way to adjust this bracket or is it possible that the bracket was welded wrong from the factory somehow? The previous owner said it had always been like this and he always just cut it on 6 or 7. Please help.

TnHusky

Threads
Fozzy I think you already answered yourself on this by swapping the brackets if that's what your use too. I would be worth a shot if you can't get use to mowing the way it is now. By the way, how'd you break the other mower?

fozzy24

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did try to swap those adjusting rods and it didn't help at all. I'm thinking that it might be the main bracket itself. I think I am good go by the local shop today and see what they think. My first mower... the transaxle shaft snapped. only has 300 hours on it. want happy.