Deck Chains

Renchy

Threads
Hello have GH 725G2 w/mower deck #9852. I am looking for the lift assist bar that supposed to help release the tension on the deck chains for removal of deck. Looked at the equipment diagrams from the Mower shop but they dont show it. If you all might know the part # for the bar I might get lucky. Thanks for the help

beeev

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello have GH 725G2 w/mower deck #9852. I am looking for the lift assist bar that supposed to help release the tension on the deck chains for removal of deck. Looked at the equipment diagrams from the Mower shop but they dont show it. If you all might know the part # for the bar I might get lucky. Thanks for the help
I have owned a few Grasshoppers, and the traction kits all look the same.
Look at the 3452/3461 deck. 2012 year model on the Mower Shop parts diagram. Look at item item 59. That should work for you.
I had a 9852 on a 2001 725K and it was a minor PIA to use a pry bar to push the arms down to attatch the chains. My latest 729BT6 has the 3452, and I was pleased to find the assist bar included with the deck, and thought it sure would have been handy had it been on the 9852.
IMO...it would have worked just fine.
Maybe your local dealer would let you try one from a unit in stock before you order one?
There are a couple more pieces to make up the assy. It stores in the lift arm tube.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Renchy

Threads
I have owned a few Grasshoppers, and the traction kits all look the same.
Look at the 3452/3461 deck. 2012 year model on the Mower Shop parts diagram. Look at item item 59. That should work for you.
I had a 9852 on a 2001 725K and it was a minor PIA to use a pry bar to push the arms down to attatch the chains. My latest 729BT6 has the 3452, and I was pleased to find the assist bar included with the deck, and thought it sure would have been handy had it been on the 9852.
IMO...it would have worked just fine.
Maybe your local dealer would let you try one from a unit in stock before you order one?
There are a couple more pieces to make up the assy. It stores in the lift arm tube.
Hope this helps.
Thanks, was able to find one from Mower Shop. Thanks for help