Deck Belt?

MotorDuck1

Threads
My dada and I recently bought a ride-on and it worked fine at first, but than the belt kept slipping and eventually broke, we now have a problem. Although the lawn mower is a 42" deck, the 42" belts do not fit the deck. We tried over 4 different brand new belts. One 42" Craftsman belt years 2000 and under and 2000 and higher and neither work. Today we tried a 38" but it appeared to be just a bit smaller. Why is this? And what can I do to get a correct belt? Here are my tractor specs below.

15HP
Craftsman Kohler Hydro
42" Deck
3n63kd3l65Q35X65S5b4m9a8b027629ed13d4.jpg

Roybretton

Threads
First of all make sure you have the correct belt, make sure you check the serial number on your mower, sometimes manufactures make changes. Do you have a parts manual for your mower, if you haven't, you may be able to download one, at least that way you should be able to order the correct belt. Do you have a belt tensioner, some machines have a sprung loaded tensioner, these can become weak, over time, so your tensioner may need replacing. Do not over tighten your belt, as this can cause unnecessary wear on the bearings, I hope this helps you!

benski

Threads
Make sure your tensioner moves freely as well. A long winter can make for a bunch of rust-related issues