Deck belt broken w/ .6 hrs on new machine

Thornback

Forum Newbie
Threads
Something was chewing up that belt. Maybe it wasn't configured properly.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yea.

jeffutke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a new Ikon 52" from lowes this weekend(hate not buying local but logistics prevented it this weekend and i have a lot of grass to cut). I played around with it when I got it home around 8pm. It's my first ZT so i played around in the driveway for a bit. I tried to engage blades and could hear the pto but no blades. Turns out the belt wasn't attached in the back near the engine. I put the belt back on and called it a night.

The next day I went to cut grass and within 15 minutes of cutting the deck belt broke. I've read some comments about the drive belt breaking pretty early on but not the drive belt. Not seeing any comments on here about this problem. Anybody have any input on this issue? TIA

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231119_100647_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_100647_Chrome.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 4

jeffutke

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a new Ikon 52" from lowes this weekend(hate not buying local but logistics prevented it this weekend and i have a lot of grass to cut). I played around with it when I got it home around 8pm. It's my first ZT so i played around in the driveway for a bit. I tried to engage blades and could hear the pto but no blades. Turns out the belt wasn't attached in the back near the engine. I put the belt back on and called it a night.

The next day I went to cut grass and within 15 minutes of cutting the deck belt broke. I've read some comments about the drive belt breaking pretty early on but not the drive belt. Not seeing any comments on here about this problem. Anybody have any input on this issue? TIA
also Lowes has put a hold on all arien ikon 52 sales until arien inspector signs off. I'm in the same mess 15 mins and belt broke