Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Manufacturer

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Warranty

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

X-man

Threads
I voted manafacturer. IMO MTD is a good low end mower, though not as good as they once were. For a more professional mower I like eXmark Pioneer or Lazer Z.

Not to say there are not other good mowers on the market, but that is where I go.

Both my push mowers are MTD's, never had any major issues.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Both my push mowers are MTD's, never had any major issues.

Comes back to how well someone takes care of the machine. My sister in law and dad In law bought the same craftsman mower last year. He takes care of it proper lol changes and air filter changes. And blade changes. Hers came to me a week ago. She never changed the break in oil. Her air filter was cakes with dirt all the little grooves in the paper were filled. She never emptied bag so the clippings stuck and got so thick you could pull the rope. I cleaned and tuned it up and it has a knock. I gave it back and told her not to use it with the bent rod. She is going to go buy a new one this week lol

X-man

Threads
Comes back to how well someone takes care of the machine. My sister in law and dad In law bought the same craftsman mower last year. He takes care of it proper lol changes and air filter changes. And blade changes. Hers came to me a week ago. She never changed the break in oil. Her air filter was cakes with dirt all the little grooves in the paper were filled. She never emptied bag so the clippings stuck and got so thick you could pull the rope. I cleaned and tuned it up and it has a knock. I gave it back and told her not to use it with the bent rod. She is going to go buy a new one this week lol

I've always believed in the saying: "If you treat it good, it will treat you good." And I take damn good care of my equipment. In the four years that I have been running my business, I have never had a major breakdown.

Alison_Di

Forum Newbie
Threads
For me the important things are performance and reliability, because I am buying it to work, also the ease of maintence is preferable, the last thing I pay attention to is color