N Nanner Forum Newbie Jul 21, 2014 #1 I have an older simplicity lawn tractor the battery is good but the solenoid will not work when I turn the key on everything lights up but is just not jumping power to the starter what is wrong
I have an older simplicity lawn tractor the battery is good but the solenoid will not work when I turn the key on everything lights up but is just not jumping power to the starter what is wrong
M MRCo. Well-Known Member Jul 21, 2014 #2 Jump the solenoid terminals. If it fires off then get a new solenoid, all of $10.
ILENGINE Lawn Royalty Jul 22, 2014 #3 Do you have 12 v at the small terminal on the solenoid. If yes, then replace the solenoid. If no, then most likely it is a faulty safety switch.
Do you have 12 v at the small terminal on the solenoid. If yes, then replace the solenoid. If no, then most likely it is a faulty safety switch.