David Cox

djaniscox

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a JD LA125. The cutting swath leaves a 1-2 inch patch down the MIDDLE of the cut that is a little taller than the regular cut. I have replaced the blades, deck wheels, spindles, etc. Still leaves that 1-2 patch where the grass is a little higher right in the middle of the cut. FRUSTRATED!!!!!

talley2191

Threads
My 125 did the same thing and I gave up trying to figure it out. I now have an X300 that doesn't do that, but when I used the 125 for mowing still I would just mow more frequently as the shorter the grass the less it was an issue or mow in two different directions. I'd be interested in hearing if you ever find a solution. I have just chalked it up to being a side effect of the more budget oriented l series mowers.

plateauman57

Threads
make sure your deck isn't clogged with grass would be my only suggestion. good luck

mac

Threads
Try raising the mower so you can look at the blades themselves. Then pull the blades around so they line up adjacent to each other. There should be no more than an eighth to a fourth of an inch distance distance between them. In other words, they should ALMOST touch. If the space is greater than that, then your deck is bent, or warped.:mad: