Damage to Bercomac (Craftsman) Snowblower.

kevinrc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I don't think my reply will be much help. I didn't realize your machine was electric clutch. But regardless something isn't tight so look for something not allowing belt to be tight. Good luck. -22 here last night +8 by tomorrow and heavy rainfall warning. Should make for some overflowing rivers. Heading out now to get rid of two snowfalls while I was gone.

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't think my reply will be much help. I didn't realize your machine was electric clutch. But regardless something isn't tight so look for something not allowing belt to be tight. Good luck. -22 here last night +8 by tomorrow and heavy rainfall warning. Should make for some overflowing rivers. Heading out now to get rid of two snowfalls while I was gone.

I woke up and saw a small amount of white fluffy snow. I will wait before blowing it since it is still snowing!

That heavy rain storm will not be good if it freezes at night.

de dee

Threads
thanks for the info on the belt, I will check to morrow, as it will go up to 3 below, almost tropical, for this time of year, 25 below last night,
you are talking about the middle belt that drives the elec. clutch,. I think thats the belt thats slipping,.
my tractor is PGT 9000 built in 2012 the blower is a crarftsman made by berco 44 inch wide,. two stage blower
I took a look at the belt again, checked if the tention pulley was on the right side, all ok, I have a elec. clutch so the pulley is on tention all the time,. I think I need a stronger spring, like the one on the snow blower, and it looks like I need a new belt soon, I hit a piece of wood in the snow, impeller stopped dead,pulley took a chip out of the belt,. thats why we have dedicated belts that are wrapped to take the shock,. and allow some slippage,. well drive safe ,. and I look forward to clear roads so I CAN RIDE MY SCOOTER AGAIN. KYMCO 300I DOWNTOWN SCOOTER HAPPY TRAILS DON

de dee

Threads
De Dee, Sorry it too so long, but I'm an over the road truck driver and just got back. Your belt is slipping. What kind of tractor and snowblower do you have and I'll try to help you out.

re.. slipping belt ,. I installed a heavy spring and installed the original spring in tandem,. now it does not slip dont know how long it will last, will find out next snow fall,. my cable that lifts the blower broke,. installed a new one,. now I am making up 10 spares, picked up 50 feet of cable and 6 feet of chain and the rest of the pieces to make the cable for the winch lift on the snow blower

de dee

Threads
I just bought my tractor PGT 9000 26 hp. a month ago,. does your belt slip when you get in heavy snow, my motor does not slow down ,but the belt slips, then it plugs up,. I shut the clutch off very fast or the belt burns. lost my first belt with only 1 foot of snow, any ideas to get by that ,. Don

I installed a heavy spring on the tentioner and installed the original spring in tandem on it ,. no mo,. re jamming,. there is a limit switch on the lift winch,. thats giving me trouble when it gets cold 20 below,. took it apart and dried it out in the house for 24 hours,. covered it , with dielectric grease,. now I , will find out if that fixed it,. changed the oil and filter full syn. mobil 1,. the filter is the same as my wifes car a elantra 2012 the tractor engine is a kohler sv 735 -3030 ,. until the next storm the best and keep the shinny side up don

de dee

Threads
thanks for the info on the belt, I will check to morrow, as it will go up to 3 below, almost tropical, for this time of year, 25 below last night,
you are talking about the middle belt that drives the elec. clutch,. I think thats the belt thats slipping,.
my tractor is PGT 9000 built in 2012 the blower is a crarftsman made by berco 44 inch wide,. two stage blower

my PGT 9000 does not slip any more in the snow blower it,s a craftsman north east 44 inch blower made by berco it has elec. lift, to stop the slipping I installed a heavy spring and put the original spring in tandem, my problem now is the elec. lift for the blower there is a limit switch to stop the winch in the up position and it freezes and it cuts power to the winch up and down,. pita !!!! so I have to wait for the switch to warm up to raise and lower the blower,. o dry it the exhaust warms the front of the blower and melts snow thats how the switch gets water in it I tried to dry it out in the house, but it snowed again and it did not dry enough,. so when it is 20 below it does not work should have put it in the oven to dry it

de dee

Threads
well got through the winter did not break anouther belt, fixed the elec. problem with a new relay ,. now I am cleaning and greasing the snow blower, taking the whole thing apart, most bearings are frozen on I have to use a puller to get every thing apart,. I hope it go,s together a lot easyer,. thinking of putting belting on the impeller to sweep the edge clean like that guy did last fall, then I will paint the snow blower with varithane , and hope it stops it from rusting ,. well have a good day every one Don from Ottawa with the berco north east 44 inch snow blower