Cub Cadet XT1 Safety switch Issues?

Tylrich

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet XT1. When I let off the brake the engine dies. When I engage the blades, the engine dies. I have pulled the seat safety switch and it does not seem to matter if the switch is in or out, it still runs. Can not make sense of it.
Help Please.
T

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It sounds like the switch is cactus
If it is a 2 terminal plug then try jumping the terminals
If it runs fine with the bridged but not with then open the the switch needs replacing
If it makes no difference then the wiring is cactus

Note this is for the purpose of diagnosing the mower .

artemjemmy

Threads
I have a Cub Cadet XT1. When I let off the brake the engine dies. When I engage the blades, the engine dies. I have pulled the seat safety switch and it does not seem to matter if the switch is in or out, it still runs. Can not make sense of it.
Help Please.
T
When you say "pull", do you mean you unplugged the connector? Or that you physically removed the entire switch and connector? The connector may have a shorting bar to prevent users from disconnecting the seat switch, so that the mower will always die with the parking brake off.
We need more info about the model, but here is a wiring diagram that may be accurate:

mmoffitt

Threads
It sounds like the switch is cactus
If it is a 2 terminal plug then try jumping the terminals
If it runs fine with the bridged but not with then open the the switch needs replacing
If it makes no difference then the wiring is cactus

Note this is for the purpose of diagnosing the mower .
Are multiple problems Cacti? I like that I have never heard that phrase up my way Thanks!1

lbrac

Threads
I once found grass clippings jamming a safety switch beneath the mower (can't remember which one, as it was years ago). I look for easy things first before trying to engage my thought processes, which can be an ugly sight.

Uncle Bob

Forum Newbie
Threads
Help Please.
T
I just had that problem. It worked fine when I put it away yesterday. Today was as you described. I had acorns between the seat and the seat switch. I had to disconnect the switch to get them all.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The seat switch has an anti tamper shorting strip in the plug end
IF it is not tightly connected the anti tamper device thinks you have unplugged the seat switch so shuts down the engine
and from what you have posted the seat switch is the No 1 candidate