Cub Cadet XT1 Mulch Kit

cubcadet827

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm about to buy an XT1 model# 13AOA9CS056

The mulch kits linked to it have terrible reviews saying it doesn't work and shoots grass out the side. I tried searching around a bit and didn't seem to find one that had good reviews. I prefer mulching most of the time, do you guys know of one that fits correctly? Or is this just an issue with these mowers?

gotomow

Threads
Suggest you might consider a John Deere. I looked at Cub but decided JD would bag, mulch, and side discharge better. My JD exceeded all my expectations.

semimechanicman

Threads
I'm about to buy an XT1 model# 13AOA9CS056

The mulch kits linked to it have terrible reviews saying it doesn't work and shoots grass out the side. I tried searching around a bit and didn't seem to find one that had good reviews. I prefer mulching most of the time, do you guys know of one that fits correctly? Or is this just an issue with these mowers?
I’ve had a cub Cadet XT1 with a mulching kit on it and it does shoot a little bit of grass out of the side but I put some black tape on the parts that the grass shot out of and then worked perfectly. If you do consider a John Deere make sure to not get the one with the plastic transmission don’t know if they still use it.