Cub Cadet RZT- PTO wont re-engage after use

Chad394

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub Cadet RZT- First, it has seemed for sometime my solenoid is going bad. Occasionally when I go to start engine it just clicks. After awhile she always starts. The other day I went to start engine, it clicked, then started. I mowed for 15 minutes, turned off PTO to dump grass, tried to re engage PTO and rather than blades turning a very faint whistling could be heard. Sounded like a pully spinning and not catching the belt. I shut mower off, waited an hour or so, started fine and then PTO started the blades perfect. Finished mowing for 30 minutes without shutting off PTO. Then Shut off PTO. Turned PTO back on blades wouldn't turn. Same swirling sound. Let mower sit for an hour and restarted and turned PTO back on and blades spun normal again. Assuming if I mow for a while and re to restart PTO, I will have the same issue.

What could be my issue? thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like the air gap is too big
When cold there is enough power available to close the magnet
When hot the wires have more resistance so not enough power available to close the PTO
Can also be bad battery cables or bad connections between the battery cables & the mower