Export thread

Cub Cadet Pro Performer Transaxle Maintainance

D

DIYer-ish

Hi,

I am trying to find information on my Cub Cadet 4815f Pro Performer transmission to address a steering problem. When I pull the break handle to one wheel to turn, both wheels brake and the engine and pump dog-down. I have tried adjusting the brake cable using the manual to no avail.

The pump (BDU-10-217) is labeled and appears to working fine, but the transaxle (model 618-3051A, serial number 000650) has a small leak around a seal. There were no issues going forward or in reverse only engaging a brake to turn which is why I think the issue lies with the transaxle (maybe the internal brake or clutch) and not the hydrostatic unit.

I reached out to Cub Cadet and they had no information the transaxle/transmission other than a parts list and Hydro-Gear said it was not theirs.

Thanks for any help.
-Jeff

Attachments

Catherine

Catherine

Hi Jeff. Welcome to the forum!

:welcome:

I'm going to move this thread over to our Cub Cadet section to see if we can find you some help.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Hi,

I am trying to find information on my Cub Cadet 4815f Pro Performer transmission to address a steering problem. When I pull the break handle to one wheel to turn, both wheels brake and the engine and pump dog-down. I have tried adjusting the brake cable using the manual to no avail.

The pump (BDU-10-217) is labeled and appears to working fine, but the transaxle (model 618-3051A, serial number 000650) has a small leak around a seal. There were no issues going forward or in reverse only engaging a brake to turn which is why I think the issue lies with the transaxle (maybe the internal brake or clutch) and not the hydrostatic unit.

I reached out to Cub Cadet and they had no information the transaxle/transmission other than a parts list and Hydro-Gear said it was not theirs.

Thanks for any help.
-Jeff

It sounds to me as if the brake cable/rod when applied is also applying the lever to the other side. Have you verified they are working separately from each other?

D

DIYer-ish

Hi and thanks for the help. Yes, both are working separately.

I pulled the transaxle to look at the condition of the clutches and disks, but it doesnt want to release from the gasket maker. Still wondering if i am missing something or it may just be glued on.