Cub Cadet LT 1045 Will not start.

ravendt

Forum Newbie
I do not hear the click I usally get when I turn key. I have checked 20a fuse at hood brace OK. Tractor turns over but will not start.
 
It sounds like your fuel solenoid (mounted on the bottom of the carburetor) is not working. Here is a link to all the literature available for the LT 1045 (Cub Cadet is an MTD brand):
http://www.mtdproducts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayOwnersManualList?storeId=10500&catalogId=20500&langId=-1&logoCode=&modelNumber=LT1045&serialNumber=Enter+Serial+%23
If you scroll down the list, when you get to SERVICE MANUAL 07 - FUEL SHUT-OFF SOLENOID, click on PDF Version, and you can read about the fuel solenoid. I believe your tractor has a Kohler engine. Here's a link to Kohler's manuals and parts page: Kohler Engines: Owners and Service Manuals: Manuals and Maintenance
You can download your engine's service manual, which will tell how to test and replace the solenoid. Good luck!
 
I put a tester on lead to fuel selinoid valve.No power. There is only one fuse I can find its on the frame. It looks ok.

I got it running. I think it was the Oil Sentry. I remove it and checked it's wire.After i cleaned it The gas shut off starteds to click again.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top