Export thread

Cub Cadet i1042

D

DJFarmer

I'm a retired ag engineer from the University of California, Davis, and have a small 5 acre walnut orchard. I have a John Deere 990 which I use in the orchard and about 6 years ago I purchased a Cub Cadet i1042, zero turn riding mower. I used the Cub Cadet in the orchard, but prefer the John Deere with flail mower attachment, so I presently only have about 90 hours on the mower. The Cub Cadet i1042 came out as a high tech riding mower around 2006, and had favorable reviews in Consumer Reports, but I have since learned that the dual hydrostatic transmission hasn't held up well. Although I only use this mower about 30 to 40 hours per year, I'm uncertain what lies ahead and would appreciate hearing experiences that others may have had with this machine. Incidentally, I do like my John Deere 990, 40 hp tractor :)

DJFarmer

M

mechanic mark

Welcome to the forum DJFarmer, I'm posting this as information only. Scroll down to bottom of page for Hydro Gear Transmissions.

Cub Cadet Professional Shop Manuals

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...#q=TRANSMISSION+PROBLEMS+CUB+CADET+ZTR+I+1042

Briana

Briana

Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Cub Cadet forum.

D

Deerlane

True! To many moving mechanical parts, from the front axle to the tranys. I have repaired many.