Cub Cadet HDS 2155 Won't Crank

Battery side or starter side was to your question. You have found the problem with the 6.6V on the blue wire. This is also most likely the reason you had no spark. I would first check the wiring for any damaged/frayed/burnt wiring and also make sure all grounds are tight. If there doesn't appear to be any problems there then check the ignition switch and safety switches. You can search youtube videos for testing these(easier to understand) and maybe someone can provide a wiring diagram to help. I hate intermittent problems because they can be difficult to diagnose.
 
Thank you for your help! I have looked at the wiring and don't see anything obvious, other than the back of the ignition switch being a greasy black color. It there a good way to test the switch?
 
I think my brake switch is bad. Does anyone have the instructions for removing the brake switch? It is located inside the access panel under the steering wheel but there is very limited space and I can't figure out how to get it out.
 
I finally got around to removing the brake switch, and it tested good. What should I try next? I also tried to start it again and it still clicks periodically and when it does cranks it acts like it is not getting any spark. Could it be the ignition switch?
 
Back
Top