Export thread

Cub Cadet 1862

B

bryantsplace1

Cub Cadet 1862 appears to have no spark. Ran great about 2 months ago. Have not been able to check safety switches because of rain.

M

mechanic mark

Is tractor kept in shed out of weather?
Rain=moisture / Check oil level on dipstick, smell gas in oil, see moisture on dipstick? Remove sparkplugs clean them up, inspect for wear & replacement. Remove air filter, inspect carburetor & filter housing for moisture, clean-up as necessary. Check choke operation. give linkages a shot of lubricating oil. Inspect spark boots & plug connections. Pick up a tube of Dielectric Grease & use on all electrical connections, especially battery, spark plug connections inside boot, ignition switch plug, pto switch plug, etc. Drain gas tank & fill with fresh gas. One more thing, pick up a can of CRC Electrical Cleaner at Walmart or Auto Parts Store & spray a shot on electrical connections before using a Q-Tip to apply Dielectric Grease, give her a try, thanks Mark

B

bryantsplace1

No I had it out side with a cover over it at the time because I was also working on a flat tire.

B

bryantsplace1

Is tractor kept in shed out of weather?
Rain=moisture / Check oil level on dipstick, smell gas in oil, see moisture on dipstick? Remove sparkplugs clean them up, inspect for wear & replacement. Remove air filter, inspect carburetor & filter housing for moisture, clean-up as necessary. Check choke operation. give linkages a shot of lubricating oil. Inspect spark boots & plug connections. Pick up a tube of Dielectric Grease & use on all electrical connections, especially battery, spark plug connections inside boot, ignition switch plug, pto switch plug, etc. Drain gas tank & fill with fresh gas. One more thing, pick up a can of CRC Electrical Cleaner at Walmart or Auto Parts Store & spray a shot on electrical connections before using a Q-Tip to apply Dielectric Grease, give her a try, thanks Mark
Thanks Mechanic Mark. I will do all the things you suggest and give it another try. I am also going to check all the safety switches just to make sure they are not the issue.

B

bryantsplace1

Thanks Mechanic Mark. I will do all the things you suggest and give it another try. I am also going to check all the safety switches just to make sure they are not the issue.
Mechanic Mark, When outside today to do a little cleaning up and started getting things in order for colder weather. Tried to start the 1862 and it fired right up. Mystery solved itself. Thinking it may have been a safety switch issue.