craftsman

diesel187

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have just put a 16hp v twin into my craftsman it had a 9hp now the oil filter is in the way of the steering what can I do to change the steering or is there a way to relocate the oil filter

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have just put a 16hp v twin into my craftsman it had a 9hp now the oil filter is in the way of the steering what can I do to change the steering or is there a way to relocate the oil filter

If you have the long filter you can get a shorter one.

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

Not very much to go on here. Maybe some pictures and what you are working with other then 16hp v twin into a 9hp craftsman ?

chobbs1957

Threads

Is there a chance that a shorter filter will work? If so, get your present filter and go to a REAL parts store where some folks know what they are talking about can help you. Take a picture of how the steering now is in the way of the filter. They may be able to help you "re-plumb" so to speak to replace the spin on filter piece on the engine with a set of lines allowing you to relocate the filter to another place on the mower. I don't imagine that will be all that cheap, I know it can be done. My wife's Olds Bravada (might have been her Intrigue, can't remember for sure) had the oli filter up by the radiator, as I remember having a time locating it when I was servicing it the first time.

As much as I like O'Reilly, AutoZone, and Advance Auto Parts you may get a clerk level parts puller helping you there instead of a parts professional. In our area, NAPA and Car Quest can usually be trusted to have some professionals.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

I moved your thread to the Craftsman forum. :smile:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
We don't even know what brand engine you have!!!!

Post the engine's model numbers and the tractor's, and it may be possible to help.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's been 5 days I don't think he wants any help

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's been 5 days I don't think he wants any help

yeah, probably not. There are too many nooks and crannies here for these threads to hide.