Export thread

craftsman walk behind trimmer

I

ice

it won't start. I replace the coil and I still don't think I am getting a spark.
I will take a pic of strange green ground wire with plastic covering around a hook. I replaced with one I made and just grounded it to the linkage of the carborator. hope someone has experience with this,i am kind of stumped. Thank you

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Yea a pic would be nice and a make and model number too............Of the engine I mean ~!~!

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I have a Craftsman walk behind trimmer also with the Briggs engine on it........

I

ice

Yea a pic would be nice and a make and model number too............Of the engine I mean ~!~!
DSCN1536.jpgDSCN1535.jpgDSCN1534.jpgDSCN1533.jpgDSCN1532.jpg

I

ice

I hope these pictures help

I

ILENGINE

it won't start. I replace the coil and I still don't think I am getting a spark.
I will take a pic of strange green ground wire with plastic covering around a hook. I replaced with one I made and just grounded it to the linkage of the carborator. hope someone has experience with this,i am kind of stumped. Thank you

that is the ground/kill wire. The hook makes contact with a piece of the throttle control pivot when you move the throttle control to the idle/off position to shut off the engine. If that wire is grounded it won't allow the plug to spark.

I

ice

oh, that's my problem then. but how does the thing screw in?? its all plastic?

I

ice

I have a Craftsman walk behind trimmer also with the Briggs engine on it........

Hi Boudreaux, Is there any way you could take a picture of the carborator leakage? please. Want to make sure I put it all back together correctly:ashamed:

I

ILENGINE

oh, that's my problem then. but how does the thing screw in?? its all plastic?

It doesn't screw in. If you look at the metal plate above the carb, there is a 5/16 screw head just to the right of the muffler, behind that is two diagonal holes with a rectangular slot to the right of the screw. the plastic kill tab should have two snap in tabs that go into those two round holes when inserted from the bottom of that metal plate with the hook in the slot. It looks like your locking tabs on that plastic piece may be damaged.

Hopefully somebody can post of picture of that throttle plate with the plastic kill tab installed.

I

ice

It doesn't screw in. If you look at the metal plate above the carb, there is a 5/16 screw head just to the right of the muffler, behind that is two diagonal holes with a rectangular slot to the right of the screw. the plastic kill tab should have two snap in tabs that go into those two round holes when inserted from the bottom of that metal plate with the hook in the slot. It looks like your locking tabs on that plastic piece may be damaged.

Hopefully, somebody can post of picture of that throttle plate with the plastic kill tab installed.

they are broken :(. should I order another one ? Or is there a way i can make it work?

Also if i disconnect the ground wire i made it should start ? right? :ashamed:

I

ILENGINE

if you disconnect the wire that you made it should start. also you can probably connect an on/off switch to the end that you grounded and attach it to the engine somehow, and it should also work.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

they are broken :(. should I order another one ? Or is there a way i can make it work?

Also if i disconnect the ground wire i made it should start ? right? :ashamed:

Sorry for the late reply. I forgot this was in the Craftsman section.. I usually stay on the main Briggs section....

The one I have is not here in my shop, it's in storage with a bunch of future project engines in boxes on top of it...

Yes if you take the wire off at the coil it will start, if it's a good coil...... You will have to kill it by removing the plug wire with a screwdriver...., or leave the wire on the coil and let it hang out air shroud then touch it to a bolt or anything metal........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!

I

ice

Sorry for the late reply. I forgot this was in the Craftsman section.. I usually stay on the main Briggs section....

The one I have is not here in my shop, it's in storage with a bunch of future project engines in boxes on top of it...

Yes if you take the wire off at the coil it will start, if it's a good coil...... You will have to kill it by removing the plug wire with a screwdriver...., or leave the wire on the coil and let it hang out air shroud then touch it to a bolt or anything metal........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!
Ok great!!!! it fired right up first pull:)) thank to all for the help. Before I put it back all togethr,How do I make a kill switch and put it on ? thank you in advance to all:wink:

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Ok great!!!! it fired right up first pull:)) thank to all for the help. Before I put it back all togethr,How do I make a kill switch and put it on ? thank you in advance to all:wink:

Well if you can put a switch on the cosmetic cover that will save a lot of wire... Wherever you put a switch take the wire from the coil and attach it to the switch....... Then attach a wire to the other leg and attach that to a metal screw or small bolt...........

I

ice

Well if you can put a switch on the cosmetic cover that will save a lot of wire... Wherever you put a switch take the wire from the coil and attach it to the switch....... Then attach a wire to the other leg and attach that to a metal screw or small bolt...........
All to all , I dont like the switch idea. does any one on here know where i can order the correct part ? Only because i am going to post on craigslist. Thank you

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

All to all , I dont like the switch idea. does any one on here know where i can order the correct part ? Only because i am going to post on craigslist. Thank you

Gonna need a model type and the code #'s from the engine itself...... Then we can look up the part you need ........

Let us know Mon Ami ~!~!