craftsman turn tight technology

fenderbender

Forum Newbie
Threads
Anyone here had any experience with the new turn tight steering on craftsman mowers. Good, bad, or indifferent.

irish69man

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a yt3000 model 917.28851 with a 42 deck turns tight and sharp would be a great feature with a 50 deck.
all in all I LIKE IT:thumbsup:

curtiskoch

Forum Newbie
Threads
just got the 917.28851, it cuts the grass well on the flats; however, I have a steep hill and the mower keeps shutting off because of the automatic shutoff on the seat. I ask the dealer how to shut off the automatic shut off but they are not suppose to tell people how to do that. anyone know how to turn this feature off?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
just got the 917.28851, it cuts the grass well on the flats; however, I have a steep hill and the mower keeps shutting off because of the automatic shutoff on the seat. I ask the dealer how to shut off the automatic shut off but they are not suppose to tell people how to do that. anyone know how to turn this feature off?

They can tell you if they want, they are just afraid of the sue happy jerks. What are they saying the switch police are going to come after them. They all give the same BS answer it's against the law. Sorry it just makes me mad why not give the real reason, they can get sued if some very dumb person sticks their hand into a spinning mower blade. This just make for more switches we have to buy and don't want. I would say to disconnect that switch, first try unplugging it and see what happens and if it doesn't run tie the wires together.

wildbill

Threads
It may be the seat switch, but I would more strongly suggest that if the mower motor has a low oil cut-off switch then look there as well. You can always bypass the low oil switch, and quite frankly those are idiot lights for those who never check the oil level before each use.

rron1229

Threads
I would think you can wire the 2 wires coming from the seat switch together to bypas it, as was mentioned in another post, if the mower cuts off going up hill, it very well coud be the oil cut off switch. Take warning if you do bypass this switch, you will probably void any warranty you might have left. Hope this helps.