craftsman tractor run faster

scott47429

Threads
well I'm not really sure but when i was racing 5 horse brigs engines i think i was getting 6000-6500 out of it but it wasn't a constant it was wide open then off the gas wide open then off the gas and never run it wide open unless under a load they will explode lol

marvc

Threads
How long would you like the motor to last before changing it out? From my experience, messing with or unhooking the govenor and revving the motor at a lot higher rpm's is pretty hard on it and will send it to the grave about as fast as the things revs. I personally dont have the extra money and time to be changing out motors. At least (hopefully) the motor is somewhat enclosed for if and when the motor comes apart, better you than me. I guess I am just too much into fast or racing them other than maybe watching someone else from a little distance. I would do like some of the others say, change the pulleys, easier and cheaper. Thanks, just my opinion.:eek:

Buckshot 1

Threads
:smile: Wether this LT has a tranny/transaxle. If you change pulleys for more speed or jerk the gov. more r's. You had better pull the reverse chain from which ever you have, or your going to blow the back out of the case when the chain explodes. Also up grade the brakes and steering or you are will be and accident waiting to happen.