Craftsman T2300 riding mower, lacks forward power, reverse is good

goldwich

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Craftsman T2300 riding mower, lacks forward power, reverse is good
My 22hp 42" riding mower has difficulty going forward, and has just gotten worse. Reverse works fine, no issue there. I can drive backwards all day. Going forward, I can press the gas pedal and sometimes it will go and sometimes it won't. I will hear some grinding type noises, then it will move slowly and stop making the noises and as long as I drive straight on a flat straight surface it will continue going ok, but not as fast as it should, but if I turn or go up a hill, it will most likely cause an issue, lose power again, not move. It has progressively gotten much worse. Initially it would just lack power going up an incline, then it started making the grinding noises going up the incline, then gave me issues not even on inclines, etc. Any ideas?
I forgot to mention when I first posted that the grinding noises are coming from the front, under the engine (like where the forward most belt pulley is), not the rear where the transmission is. Don't know if that info changes anything...

Last edited:

Craftsman Garage

Threads
sorry to say it, but you probably have a transmission issue 😱😭

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Kinda souunds like the driveshaft clutch and bevel gear are shot in that single speed transaxle. CVT system if I found the right model numbers.