Craftsman Riding Mower Access to Carb Adjustments

joe smoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy
Joe Smoe here, any of yall know any trick's to adjusting tha carb on a 10 hp craftsman? I just got mine and she's running lean. Tha fellow I got it from put in a kit and it runs good long as I keep tha choke out a bit. Any how looks like tha whole back cover has to come of just to access tha carb. Any short cuts appericated. I aint lazy just old Cl;-(p)
Blessings
Joe

Attachments

• craftsman_riding_mower_.jpg
    craftsman_riding_mower_.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

joe smoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
HOWDY
well I see 50 lookers so I'll share. After I put my good eye on it Figgered out I could remove tha right panel only, pretty easy but looks like tha adjustment screws is plugged. Mine's runs pretty good so think I'll leave well enuff alone till I learn a little bit more.Like whats under them plug,s Cl:-{p}
Blessings
Joe

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnMowerForum!

I moved your thread to the Craftsman forum. :smile:

joe smoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks
I thought about that but didnt know how
Blessings
Joe

scott47429

Threads
it sounds like the guy that rebuilt it didn't get it all cleaned out or the float is set wrong or you have a air leak between the carb and the engine

DaveTN

Threads
I've got 2 of those mowers. A Craftsman and a Murray. The Craftsman is currently giving me trouble by chewing up the drive belt. But that's another story. I would take the float bowl off after removing the fuel line. You can stick a Phillips screwdriver in the line and shut it off. Or I sometimes raise it above the tank and prop it up to keep fuel from gushing out. Remove the float bowl (1/2" box end wrench, or socket) and you might find water, dirt, etc . in there. Clean the bowl good. While you're there squirt some carb cleaner with wand attached up into the pickup tube going up into the carburetor throat and a squirt or two (easy and gently) down into the fuel inlet fitting going down to the float and needle. Then work the float up and down to see if it's ok. That could be an easy fix and avoid taking the carburetor off. I've had luck doing that before.

Last edited: