Craftsman mower not starting

timsstang87

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys I am new here and have a question hopefully someone can answer for me. I have a Craftsman 22" cut (model 917..75500) with a Briggs and Stratton 6.0 (model 22K02 0577 051116 F8). I left it outside last winter and went to use it this season and it started and ran for about 30 seconds, then shut off. I have since drained the fuel tank completely, and filled with new gas, put a new spark plug, and changed the oil. I have taken off the carb and cleaned it completely. The only way I can get it to keep running is to constantly push the primer bulb while it is running. Could the air filter have something to do with this. I have not replaced it yet. I did notice there is a vaccume tube that runs to the side of the air filter housing, does this get vac from the crank case pressure, and could it be plugged? Any thoughts/help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I believe that you still have something blocking a passage in the carb and is not allowing enough fuel to be drawn into the engine. i have gone to ultrasonic carb cleaning this year because the current carb cleaners are ineffective at cleaning properly. sometimes the only thing that can be done is to replace the entire carb assembly.

timsstang87

Forum Newbie
Threads
I believe that you still have something blocking a passage in the carb and is not allowing enough fuel to be drawn into the engine. i have gone to ultrasonic carb cleaning this year because the current carb cleaners are ineffective at cleaning properly. sometimes the only thing that can be done is to replace the entire carb assembly.

You would not happen to have a part number for the carb would you?