Craftsman LTS2000 RUN'S FOR 15 MIN THEN STALLS OUT

fishingman48

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the model, type and code of the engine?
Quite often the original engine is not always on the tractor especially when purchased used from a BACKYARD REPAIR SHOT.
Yeah, your right on motor it was switch off another as original had blown motor / i did find the coil wire to spark plug was damage since did not have one i cut & wrapped the wire around tip seemed to of worked as started up but thinking once heated up may be failing so ordered a new one & see if that helps/ still looking at starter solenoid though maybe wrong but?????
Craftsman LTS2000/ 17 HP. OHV / Model 310707 / Type 0137-E1/ Code 0111162D Riding Mower

fishingman48

Forum Newbie
Threads
Kohler Twin Cylinder 26 hp Pressurized oil system.
If you're trying to tell me what's on it don't know as replace w/
Craftsman LTS2000/ 17 HP. OHV / Model 310707 / Type 0137-E1/ Code 0111162D Riding Mower

fishingman48

Forum Newbie
Threads
A few years ago, when my LT1000 lawn tractor would stall out after running awhile, I found that the choke butterfly was stuck in the closed position, so it was running rich. I added a hardware store spring to help the butterfly open.
Thought at first it may have been Carb. as original on it, however had a new one installed & doing same thing.
Whatever it is it's heating up to a certain point then shutting down till it cools off then will run again if left along for a while. i found the magneto coil to be damaged however upon rigging wire motor started but ordered a new magneto. But as stated after a short period of around an hr. Or less it shuts down? / Wondering if carb solenoid wire has short? one step at a time i guess till i find the culprit! lol!

fishingman48

Forum Newbie
Threads
This happened with my Craftsman tractor. Tried everything. Finally someone mentioned the digital Service Reminder / Hour meter. It is on the dashboard of the tractor. After checking it we could see that it wasn't running right. We replaced it and the motor never died again. How a little thing like a timer could cause soo much trouble is mind boggling!
Be honest with you i really don't think it has anything like that, My DLT 3000 has a voltmeter on it but that's about it as well.

shadetree#1

Threads
Appears to be Single cylinder Briggs with the side mounted gravity flow up front fuel tank. did not look at the tractor model to see fuel tank location, just a guess.

Have you tested with another gravity fed fuel tank connected to the carb YET as suggested?

If not use a external tank and if it quits again you might have a bad or intermittent connection to the Anti backfire solenoid or the float/or needle sticking closed on the carb.
Does it have the ABS solenoid on the bottom or side of the carb?
I sometimes remove this solenoid or just loosen if after unplugging the wires to see if the carb bowl will drain gas.
To make sure we have a fuel issue instead of a ignition issue take off the air filter and as soon as the engine quits running, give it a prime of fuel (spoonful of gas directly into that carb throat intake. The plastic carb throat on that one points straight up so an easy prime. If it don't immediately re-start for few seconds the FUEL issue is toward the carb or ignition spark related.
You say you have a new carb on it, but if the wiring to the solenoid on the fuel bowl is erratic the engine will quit running.

Also you can have another spark plug readily available (does not have to be same type as is in the engine)The engine plug should be a R12 type and immediately pull of the spark plug wire connect and ground the spark plug and crank and look for spark.