Export thread

Craftsman LT2000 (917.273752) Lawn Tractor

P

pcalec

I have a Craftsman LT2000 (917.273752) Lawn Tractor. Recently the deck belt ripped. I replaced the belt w/a new 1/2" 95 1/2" belt that's what the owners manual called for. Once installed the belt feels very tight even when the manual pto is disengaged. I try to start the engine but it won't even turn over. I take the belt off and the engine starts w/out any issues. What is causing this? Is it possible that the belt that is shown in the manual is not the correct size? I am puzzled. Can someone please help. Thank you much

I

ILENGINE

Did you use 532138255 or did you try to use a generac 1/2 x 95 belt which is not the same width and length as the actual OEM belt.

P

pcalec

Did you use 532138255 or did you try to use a generac 1/2 x 95 belt which is not the same width and length as the actual OEM belt.

Thank you for your reply
I used belt number AYP 144959, which is 1/2" wide and 95 1/2" in length, that's what the manual shows
The 532138255 comes up the same and the cross reference number shows 144959
Do you have any other suggestions?
Thank you for your time

I

ILENGINE

Is the engagement pivot arm on the deck moving freely. That arm has a habit of wearing causing the arm to hang in the brake arm preventing it from releasing.

P

pcalec

Moves freely w/out the belt, but once I put the belt on I can't get the manual pto lever up all the way up, since the belt is so tight

I

ILENGINE

I pulled up the IPL for every mower that used your deck and all show the same belt number so I don't think we have the wrong belt. I am wondering if something has bent or moved that caused the belt to shred and is now causing the new belt to be too short. Could it be possible to post a picture of the deck removed from a few different angles so we can see what could be the issue.

P

pcalec

That might be possible, i did hit a stump while cutting the grass. It did not feel like a big stump but who knows. I will take a picture of the deck off from different angles and post. Thank you for your help